Bikes which are not of standard design must be approved by LimeLight Sports Club. We reserve the right to withdraw a participant from the event if their bike is considered, in the the race director's opinion, to present a danger to the cyclist or other participants.
- E-bikes are permitted but riders won’t qualify for any of the challenges along the route.
- Single-speed (both fixed and freewheel) bicycles are allowed as long as they have suitable brakes.
- Mountain bikes are allowed, although it is advised to use slick tyres to conserve energy.
- Tandems are allowed, both riders must be registered for the event.
- Tricycles are permitted.
- Recumbent bicycles are allowed, however riders will be required to have a head height safety flag attached to the bicycle.
Please note that participants should ensure their bicycle is roadworthy and the event organisers reserve the right to challenge the safety/road worthiness of any bicycle they see at the event.