Even though the event takes place shortly after the planned step 4 reopening on 19 July, we will still be operating the event in a COVID-secure way to give everyone the time and space to be comfortable at all times. Therefore, there will be some additional measures in place at this year’s event. Please read all of the below important information and follow all instructions.
- All participants will be posted their race bib in the 2 weeks prior to event day - please look out for this in the post.
- All participants will be asked to complete a health declaration pre-event, which will be emailed to you in the week leading up to the event. It is compulsory that you complete this prior to race day, otherwise you may be unable to take part on the day.
- We are asking all participants to please take a lateral flow test in the 24 hours prior to the event. Please upload your result via the NHS Website here: https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result.
- If your test is positive then please do not attend the event and ensure you follow you all necessary government guidance regarding subsequent isolation.
- We will be undertaking spot checks on the day, so please ensure you are able to present your negative test result upon request. If you are unable to show your negative test result you may be unable to take part in the event.
- You can order a set of 7 free home lateral flow test kits here - https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests. Please order these in plenty of time to allow you take the test in the 24 hours pre-event.
- All runners will be allocated a specific 30-minute time to arrive to the event, which MUST be followed. Please do not arrive any earlier than your allocated time. If you arrive to Central London in advance of your allocated time, please find a safe open space nearby to wait, before entering the race facilities or the start area.
- All participants should arrive to the event entry point at the junction of The Mall & Horse Guards Road. This location is at the North-East end of St James’s Park:
- Approximate postcode: SW1A 2BE
- what3words precise location: ///likes.finely/insert - https://w3w.co/likes.finely.insert
- To reach this location if using public transport please use one of the following stations on event day and follow directional signage:
- Victoria Mainline or Underground Station (Victoria Line, District & Circle Line)
- St James’s Park Underground Station (District & Circle Line)
- Westminster Underground Station (Jubilee Line, District & Circle Line)
- Charing Cross Mainline or Underground Station (Northern Line, Bakerloo Line)
- Embankment Underground Station (Bakerloo Line, Northern Line, District & Circle Line)
- Please note roads will be closed from 06:00 onwards on race day so local buses will be on diversion – please check tfl.gov.uk for further details.
- Please DO NOT ARRIVE VIA Green Park, Piccadilly or Leicester Square Underground Stations, as you may struggle to access the start area.
- The race start line will be open for an extended period from 09:00 – 11:00, allowing all runners ample time to start the event whilst affording everyone a safe amount of space both pre-start, on the course and post-finish.
- All runners will receive an accurate race time from their timing chip, so please do not rush or overcrowd any pre-race areas to get to the start line.
- If possible, please arrive ‘race ready’ meaning you don’t need to drop a bag at our bag facility. This will reduce queues and give you a smoother route to the start line. If this is not possible however, then please note there will be a limited bag drop facility available for participants on the day.
- If you are able to travel alone to the event, then please consider doing so. If this is not possible, we ask you to please limit friends and family members to one person.
- Please ensure you have a suitable face covering with you on the day. We are not asking runners to wear face coverings, however if at any stage you are unable to maintain a safe distance from other participants, then we recommend you consider wearing your face covering.
- Please ensure that you have the NHS Test & Trace App active on your phone throughout the event.
- When travelling to and from the event please follow the current government guidance on transport services and be considerate of the general public who are also using these services.
- Please observe the one-way systems, signage and instructions given to you by our staff and volunteers on the day.
- Please respect your fellow runners and give one another plenty of space both in the start funnel and whilst out on the course.